Saturday 21 February 2009

I'm So Ready To Party Down!!!!!

Okay, I'm here to hype up a new show. This new show is called Party Down and is about a group of caterers who go to all sorts of different parties catering them. Early buzz is hugely positive.

The reason you should be excited? It is more or less a Veronica Mars reunion fest. I don't mean like the episode of Fringe that was on a few weeks ago where three cast members of The Wire were featured (although it did help boost what was otherwise a seriously 'meh' episode). I mean FOUR of the main cast are Veronica Mars alums and EVERY episode features at least one guest alum. Now a lot of them are one episode guest shot characters (albeit some of the more memorable ones) but four of them had significant arcs in the show (and again feature some of my favourites from BOTH Cliff and Vinnie). However the biggest news? Not only is Dick (Ryan Hansen) one of the main characters but ALL THREE of the biggest Mars alums are appearing. Yes that does mean that Kristin Bell (Veronica Mars), Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls) and Enrico Colantoni (Keith Mars) are all appearing in one episode.

Yes I am officially so psyched for this. Oh and its not just a reunion because someone out there really liked Veronica Mars, its actually being written and executive produced by the guy who created Veronica Mars in the first place!!! So not only do I get Cupid next month but now this? and a promised Veronica Mars movie? Rob Thomas I officially love you.

Speaking of stuff you should look forward too, next month we get a new series called Kings which looks quite interesting. It's a modern retelling of the David and Goliath story with Ian McShane (Deadwood) and written by an ex-Heroes writer (Season One thank God). I'm curious to see how it shapes up. Also the new series Castle featuring Nathan Fillion (Firefly) might be good.

Apologies for more lack of reviews (seriously busy) however I promise a little Lost retrospective next week due to break the show will be taking in between episode 7 and 8. I'm going to look over the first seven episodes and just gush my little fanboy heart out.

No comments: