Sunday 18 January 2009

Of A Veronica Mars Movie?

Wow and I thought my Veronica Mars love would be over for a little while. However it looks like if there is a higher power he/she clearly loves me. A whole fucking lot.

I've talked about the Veronica Mars movie before. I've said I'm anticipating it a lot but until now it's only been sort of hinted at. Rob Thomas has said he wants to work on it soon and Kristin Bell has said she wants to be part of it. Then today we got the awesome news. Since Cupid (Rob Thomas' new show) has had it's initial order reduced to 8 episodes instead of 13 (like Castle), he's got the opportunity to write the Veronica Mars movie!!!

I'm now officially pumped beyond belief.

In this news story we get some cool little bits of information. For starters it's actually going to finish the show!!! That is amazing news. It's been too long and I need to find out if Keith won the election or if Veronica and Logan hooked back up (although I hope Piz isn't hurt). Alright if you don't watch the show that is honestly just names but to me? I'm just psyched. Rob Thomas has already spoken to Kristin Bell (Veronica Mars), Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls) and Enrico Colantoni (Keith Mars) and they've all said yes. All that's left is a script (70% broken in Rob Thomas' head!!!) and funding. Luckily one of Veronica Mars' original producers was Joel Silver who you might know better as the guy who produced the Matrix films. He's on board so the movie has got funding!!!! We're fucking set.

Oh and speaking of canceled shows futures, the last three Pushing Daisies episodes won't air till the summer. Bugger. However hopefully we'll get the promised comics and movie and maybe ITV will even get all 13 episodes of Pushing Daisies Season 2 and we get the last three before America. It could happen and would make me love ITV twice as much (wait that would be double nothing....scratch that).

Wrap up. In the near future expect the final, final part in my wrap of 2008 television. The most disappointing shows of 2008 (as long as it's up before February it's not late). Also expect reviews of Pi, Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain this week now that I've seen The Wrestler. My first thoughts of Lost Season 5 and a metric ton of film reviews, including Pineapple Express, Kung Fu Panda and In Bruges. However due to other commitments (work and script writing) may make some of this hard to do. Ahh well there's always February.

No comments: